INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOUWe may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.hermesbankonline.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSESWe may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.Additional security is provided by using password protected OTP (One Time Password) solution.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATIONWe use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATIONWe may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as well as our advisors and consultants.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hermes Bank Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
YOUR RIGHTSYou have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files which we store on the device you use when you access a particular website. Cookies allow for a more streamlined website visiting experience and are used to improve the quality of your interaction with a website.
There are different types of cookies falling into two broad categories:
Session cookies only last for the duration of any one particular website visit and are automatically deleted when you close your web browser. Hermes Bank uses session cookies to keep you logged into your internet banking, for example as you navigate through pages or manage your account. Session cookies support security and basic website functionality.
Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your web browser. They allow a website to remember visitor actions and preferences. In some occasions, persistent cookies are set by websites to provide targeted advertising based on the browsing history of the user.
Cookies can be furthermore divided into the following four sub-categories:
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies. As their name implies, these cookies are essential to maintaining a satisfactory level of website interaction and visitor experience. These cookies do not collect any personal information for the purposes of marketing.
2. Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how our visitors use the Hermes Bank website. For example, we collect information about which pages our visitors access most often. We do not collect any information that identifies any particular visitor although we may collect information about an IP address used to access our website. Any information we do collect is anonymous and is only used to improve the functionality of the Hermes Bank website, the user experience and for optimising our marketing.
3. Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to remember choices you make during your visit. Functionality cookies may also be used to provide any requested services, such as downloading a file for example. Any information collected is anonymous and does not track your browsing activity across other websites.
4. Targeting Cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing activity. They are usually employed by advertising networks and can remember that you have visited a particular website. We may share this information with other organisations such as media publishers.
By using Hermes Bank Website, you agree that we may place these types of cookies on your device. You may however select to block these cookies by using the privacy settings in your web browser.
INFORMATION ABOUT USwww.hermesbankonline.com is a site operated by Hermes Bank Limited. We are a limited liability company registered in Saint Lucia under company number 2012-00108 and have our registered office at 10 Manoel Street, Castries, Saint Lucia. Our headquarters are situated at Meridian Place, Choc Estate, BW Box 332, Castries, Saint Lucia
We are regulated by the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) of Saint Lucia. We are a financial institution issued with class «A» international banking license (License No. IB/009(A)), conducting international banking business in accordance with the International Banks Act (Cap. 12.17) of Saint Lucia.
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
CHANGES TO OUR SITEWe may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITEOur site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORDIf you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected]
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTSWe are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATIONThe content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITEAny content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
VIRUSESWe do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmed and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITEYou may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact [email protected]
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITEWhere our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
CONTACT USTo contact us, please email at [email protected]
Thank you for visiting our site.